The Student Careers and Graduate Employment at UOBRAK is dedicated to supporting students and graduates throughout their career development journey. We are committed to providing high-quality and professional information, advice, guidance, and career counselling to help students make well-informed career decisions and support their transition into the workplace as UOBRAK Alumni. The Student Careers and Graduate Employment aims to empower UOBRAK students and graduates with the skills, knowledge, and connections needed for successful careers and fulfilling lives beyond the university experience.
Our vision is to create an environment that fosters the growth and development of a highly skilled and diverse workforce. We strive to nurture individuals who possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and mindset to excel in the ever-evolving and competitive industry.
Our mission is to equip UOBRAK students and graduates with the necessary guidance, resources, and opportunities to prepare them for the workplace and life after university.
- Increase the employability of UOBRAK students and graduates.
- Foster student and graduate engagement in Alumni and Career programs and activities, both on and off campus.
- Provide services that align with international best practices in career development.
- Improve the readiness of UOBRAK students to enter the workplace.
- Develop programs to support UOB RAK students and graduates development.
- Facilitate active engagement between Alumni and the UOBRAK community.
To fulfil our commitment to students and alumni, we offer a wide range of services:
- Career Counselling Services: Professional guidance and one-on-one counselling sessions to help students and graduates make informed career decisions.
- Employment Services: Assistance in job search strategies, resume/CV writing, interview preparation, and job application techniques.
- Employer Engagement Services: Collaboration with employers to provide networking opportunities, recruitment events, and industry insights.
- Internship Placement Services: Facilitation of internships and work placements to gain valuable hands-on experience in various industries.
- On-Campus Employment Services: Support in securing part-time and on-campus job opportunities to develop essential skills alongside studies.
- Alumni Services: Programs and resources specifically designed for our alumni, including networking events, professional development workshops, and career advancement support
UOBRAK Industry Advisory Board (UOBRAK-IAB)
To initiate close interaction between the university and the industry, University of Bolton RAK academic center has constituted an Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) comprising of representatives from various industries which serve as the platform for the solicitation of ideas and recommendations from its members to benefit industry, showcasing best practices and latest technological advancements. UOBRAK-IAB will act as a mechanism for providing valuable inputs to strengthen the programs & curriculum, and at the same time provide strategies to meet the challenges that industrial engineers/Industrial practitioners face today and tomorrow. Through IAB, we expect to improve the quality of our programs to meet the current needs of the industry and to generate graduates who are fit for the industry.
The University of Bolton RAK Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is a group of volunteer leaders dedicated to serving as a “voice of industry” to UOB RAK academic community thus increasing the engagement of industry and supporting the professional development and career growth of industry members.
The UOBRAK Industrial Advisory Board will serve following objectives:
- To ensure that the UOB RAK School of Engineering’s/School of Business’s undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs are relevant to current and future needs of industry and other graduate destinations by real-world input for the program’s curriculum, educational objectives and learning outcomes.
- To identify opportunities for industry collaboration and commercialization of academic and co-curricular activities.
- To provide support in expanding and strengthening mutually beneficial relationships with industry, present and former students
- To bridge gap between Industry & Academia by devising new research agendas for technological developments
- To have a more intense and effective implementation of interaction channels like industrial visits, faculty and student internships, industry projects, training and consultancies, and staff development.
- To offer more and more industry-relevant courses through the curriculum in consultation with industry experts.
- To foster entrepreneurship by facilitating expertise.
- To provide opportunities for experienced IAB members to coach and develop the UOB RAK students and industry partners.
- To support the professional development and career growth of industry members.
- To advise on how UOB RAK relates to and promotes itself to the global market for employment, research, and leadership in the industry.
- To contribute to the discussion on development plans for UOBRAK including portfolio of programs, research themes, and activities.
Best Practice Sharing
To facilitate an arena for the industry to share best practices to enhance the profession.
Membership & Size and Term of Service
Membership is a voluntary contribution. Each board consists of approximately 10-15 members. Members serve three-year terms and may be reappointed.
IAB meetings are usually held twice a year, once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester. Meetings normally last one or two hours (Online & offline) and are scheduled to avoid significant conflict with professional responsibilities. The meeting frequency may vary according to the needs of the program.
UOBRAK reserves the right to use a photo and description of IAB members on the university website.
At the Student Careers and graduate employment, we are committed to providing comprehensive career information, support, guidance, and counselling services to students and fresh graduates. We offer assistance in the following key areas:
- Choosing a major: We help students navigate the process of selecting a major by offering personalized guidance based on their interests, skills, and future career aspirations.
- Deciding on a particular career direction: We understand the importance of choosing the right career path, and our Career Counsellors provide expert advice to help students make informed decisions about their professional journey.
- Providing careers related information: We keep students updated with the latest information on various careers, industries, job market trends, and opportunities, enabling them to stay informed and make well-informed career choices.
- Preparing for the job market: We assist students in preparing for the competitive job market by providing resources and guidance on resume building, cover letter writing, job search strategies, and interview preparation techniques.
- Assisting in finding jobs during and after studies with UOBRAK: Our department actively supports students in finding employment opportunities both during their studies and after graduation, connecting them with job listings and assisting them in securing suitable positions.
Career Development Programs and Workshops:
Throughout each semester, we organize interactive workshops and programs covering various career-related topics. These workshops include sessions on career decision-making, effective job search strategies, CV writing techniques, networking skills, workplace expectations and ethics, job interview skills, managing assessment centres, and strategies for managing interview nerves.
To prepare students for their internships and future careers, we conduct a series of workshops before they embark on their internships. These workshops equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their internships and secure permanent employment upon graduation. The program aims to ensure students make informed decisions regarding their internship placements and are well-prepared to succeed in their internships and job search. The workshops cover various areas critical to career success like:
- CV Writing
- Job Search Process
- Communication/Interview Skills
- Job Maintenance/Work Ethics
UNDECIDED ABOUT YOUR FUTURE CAREER PATH? NEED HELP TO SECURE THE RIGHT ROLE?
As a graduate of UOBRAK, we understand that you may feel uncertain about your future career path and may need support in securing the right role. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of career and employability events, workshops, and resources specifically designed to empower you in your career planning and job search journey. Our goal is to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to make informed decisions and thrive in the professional world.
CAREER AND EMPLOYABILITY EVENTS:
Networking plays a vital role in discovering new opportunities, and UOBRAK hosts a variety of career and employability events that facilitate connections between our graduates and industry professionals. These events provide valuable platforms for networking, mentorship, and potential job opportunities. By actively participating in these events, you can expand your professional network, gain insights from industry experts, and broaden your career prospects.
TAILORED WORKSHOPS FOR CAREER PLANNING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Our expert advisers have developed a series of workshops that are specifically tailored to support your career planning, job hunting, and personal development. These workshops cover various topics, including resume writing, cover letter preparation, interview skills, and personal branding. By attending these workshops, you will acquire valuable knowledge, develop effective job search strategies, and enhance your overall employability.
APPLICATION WRITING SUPPORT:
We understand the importance of creating well-crafted job applications that make a positive impression on potential employers. To assist you in preparing outstanding application documents, the Careers & Employability Team delivers webinars and provides resources that equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to create compelling resumes, cover letters, and other application materials. Additionally, you can access templates and resources to guide you through the process. Our team is also available to review your application documents and provide feedback to help you make a strong impression.
UTILISING SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS:
In today’s digital age, social media networks play a significant role in job searching and networking. We encourage you to leverage social media platforms to connect with professional networks and join relevant groups that share job postings and industry insights. By actively participating in these communities, you can stay updated on job opportunities, gain valuable industry knowledge, and expand your professional connections.
INTERNSHIP – GATEWAY TO EMPLOYMENT
The UOBRAK Internship Program offers final year students a valuable opportunity to gain real-world work experience aligned with their academic studies. This internship program, which spans the academic year, serves as a mandatory component of students’ academic curriculum, bridging the gap between theoretical learning and practical application in the professional world. Through this program, students develop essential employability skills, establishing a strong foundation for their future careers.
The UOBRAK Internship Program is built upon a partnership between the student, university, and industry. This collaboration is instrumental in providing students with an immersive and meaningful internship experience. The program’s objective is to ensure students acquire practical skills, foster professional networks, and align their academic learning with industry requirements. By forging long-term working relationships with employers, the Student Careers and Graduate Employment aims to cultivate productive partnerships that facilitate successful graduate transitions into the workplace.
CURRENT INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Application Engineer at MAICO GULF RAK (001)
Experience – 0-2 years
Salary – AED 3500 – 4000 (Depends on candidate skill & experience)
Work Location – Maico Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah
Education – Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering
- HR Intern at HIRA INDUSTRIES RAK (002)
Experience – Fresher with minimum 6 months internship experience or 1 year work Experience
Salary – 2000
Work Location – Hira Industries, Ras Al Khaimah
Education – Graduate or MBA /Human Resources Management
- Mechanical Engineering intern at STS CLAD RAK (003)
Experience – Fresher
Salary – Unpaid
Work Location – STS CLAD, Ras Al Khaimah
Education – Mechanical Engineering
Interested candidates please send your CVs with the position name and code to email@example.com
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details of Internship/Placement Coordinators:
Mechanical Engineering department
Email id: M.Nadeem@bolton.ac.uk
Civil Engineering Department
Email id: email@example.com
Ms. Anu M L
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Sandra Vilson
Program Leader of Computing
Email id: email@example.com