Teenagers above 15 can now get work permits
Looking to gather a little bit of pre-university work experience? Here’s how you can do it!
Students aged between 15 and 18 may obtain work permits in the UAE. Further information on how to apply for and gain a Juvenile Work Permit has been released by the UAE Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation.
These Juvenile Work Permits hold their validity for up to one year, which is an exceptional opportunity for students to gain their work experience even before stepping into their undergraduate studies.
- Valid passport copy
- Valid resident visa copy
- Parent(s) / guardian(s)’ passport copy
- Parent(s) / guardian(s)’ resident visa copy
- Completed application copy
- Contract agreement copy
- Passport size colour photograph of the applicant with a white background
- Valid certificate of fitness issued by official health authority
- Written consent (NOC) from the applicant’s parent(s) / guardian(s)
- Applications must be printed at the “Tas’heel” service centres or at establishments participating in the Ministry’s e-forums program.
- The application will then be transferred electronically to the Ministry and the information presented will be checked and verified.
- In the case of incomplete information, the applicant shall be notified and given the opportunity to complete said information via the “Tas’heel” service centres.
- When the required conditions and documents have been presented, the applicant can print the approval notice by visiting the official Ministry’s website mol.gov.ae
The essential T&C’s:
- The foreign juvenile shall have a valid residence visa stamped in his passport
- The juvenile’s relatives shall have a valid residence visa
- Approval of the juvenile’s parent or guardian shall be obtained
- The juvenile shall be medically fit
- The juvenile’s age shall not be below 15 years and shall not exceed 18 years
- The permit shall be valid for a period not exceeding one year
- Works to be assigned to the juvenile shall not be among those mentioned in the ministerial decree No. 1189 of 2010 in accordance with the enclosure
- The license of the establishment submitting the application shall be valid and free from any violations
- The establishment shall have an e-signature card at the Ministry
What’s the cost?
- Request for initial approval of a new electronic work permit (Juvenile work)
- 1st Category: AED 100
- 2nd Category: Level (A) AED 100
Level (B) AED 100
Level (C) AED 100
- 3rd Category: AED 100
- Initial approval of a new electronic work permit (Juvenile work)
- 1st Category: AED 500
- 2nd Category: Level (A) AED 500
Level (B) AED 500
Level (C) AED 500
- 3rd Category: AED 500